Win16 Programming Resources
'Win16' is the colloquial name for the Windows API that shipped with Windows 3.11 and earlier. It's still supported to this day, even on Windows 10 - but only for 32-bit software and greater. Your 16-bit software is going to require DOSbox or a VM.
I want to try my hand at Win16 programming some time, starting with a Win16 interface for Replicalc. However, there is very little surviving information online. This list represents everything I have been able to collate so far, primarily from a C perspective.
- Open Watcom
- Digital Mars ($$$)
- Useful Info on Win16-Targeting Compilers... And a List of DOS/Win16 Resources
- Building Win16 GUI Applications in C
- Building a Windows 3.1 Application in 2019
- An Introduction to Windows Programming
- Using the Windows API in Delphi
- Win16 for Fun and Profit
(Resources not directly related to Win16 programming)